Cross-country skiing in South Lake Tahoe requires the right gear – if you want happy campers that is. Choose the wrong gear, and your feet (and your significant other) won’t let you forget it! Sno-Park permits are also required in many of the best places to go cross-country skiing here.
Check out our list of gear rental shops and places where you can purchase a Sno-Park permit.
- Camp Richardson (rent) | 1900 Jameson Beach Rd. | 530-542-6584 (Mountain Sports Center) – A great launching point for exploring Tallac Historic Site, Pope and Kiva beaches, and Fallen Leaf Lake.
- Kirkwood Cross Country & Snowshoe Center (rent and sell) | 1501 Kirkwood Meadows Dr. | 209-258-6000 – If you’re more of a groomed track or skate ski type, you’ll find miles of corduroy here.
- Powder House (rent) | 1133 Ski Run Blvd. | 530-541-7470
- Rip N’ Willies (rent) | 1144 Ski Run Blvd. |530-541-6366
- Sierra Ski & Cycle Works (rent and sell) | 3430 Lake Tahoe Blvd. | 530-541-7505
- Sunrise Ski and Snowboard Rental (rent)| 3202 Highway 50 | 530-577-3176
- Tahoe Paradise Chevron (Sno-Park permits) | 2986 Highway 50 | 530-577-1127
- Tahoe Roadrunner (Sno-Park permits) | 2933 Highway 50 | 530-577-6946
- Tahoe Ski Rentals (Sno-Park permits) | 3131 Harrison Ave | 530-600-0267
- Tahoe Sports LTD (rent and sell) | 4000 Lake Tahoe Blvd. #7 | 530-542-4000