PLEASE READ THESE SUBMISSION TERMS CAREFULLY. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT TERMS THAT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. WHEN YOU MAKE A SUBMISSION TO A VISIT LAKE TAHOE WEBSITE ON WHICH THESE TERMS APPEAR OR SEND THE HASHTAG #VISITLAKETAHOE AND/OR #YESVISITLAKETAHOE TO VISIT LAKE TAHOE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE AGREED TO THESE TERMS.
Highlights of Terms
You may be viewing these Terms on a small screen, such as a mobile device. If so, here are the highlights of the Terms below (please read the complete Terms before submission).
You own the photos or other content (as defined below) that you submit. Nothing in these Terms changes that.
You are giving Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority, dba Visit Lake Tahoe, a license to use the content in and on the platforms Visit Lake Tahoe uses for advertising, marketing, and/or promotional purposes, including but not limited to social media channels, websites, emails, apps, and print publications (both internal and third party).
You are also giving Lake Tahoe a license to use your name, image, and other biographic material in conjunction with the content.
If any third party has any rights in your content (example: someone else took a photo or appears in a photo), you represent that you have all the rights and permissions needed from those third parties to grant Lake Tahoe the license to use your content per the Terms, and nothing in the content is inappropriate or defamatory.
You are releasing Visit Lake Tahoe from any liability arising out of its use of the content as described in the Terms, and you promise not to sue Lake Tahoe for such use.
By replying to Visit Lake Tahoe’s CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) consent request with the hashtag #YesVisitLakeTahoe, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. The Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority/Visit Lake Tahoe, doing business as visitlaketahoe.com, agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Visit Lake Tahoe may terminate its websites or its use of your content at any time at its discretion.
By including and/or tagging @VisitLakeTahoe, #VisitLakeTahoe, and/or any other brand hashtags established by Visit Lake Tahoe in Content and/or captions shared on social media, you grant Visit Lake Tahoe permission to include said content in website galleries viewable on VisitLakeTahoe.com. Should you want your content removed from the Visit Lake Tahoe website galleries, you will need to send a message to email@example.com. Once we acknowledge receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for any action to take place.
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this agreement and grant all rights to your user generated content in the form of original photography, video, or text.
You understand and agree that your content will be publicly displayed, and it will not be treated in confidence. Many people from around the world will be able to view your content. By replying to Lake Tahoe’s request for consent, you provide Visit Lake Tahoe with the right to use and share your content on their official websites, including but not limited to VisitLakeTahoe.com, as well as in all of its social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Lake Tahoe Rights to User-Generated Content
By replying to Lake Tahoe’s CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) consent request with the hashtag #YesVisitLakeTahoe, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. You grant Lake Tahoe and affiliate agents a perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other idea or work, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast, and publicly display your content (or further modification to it) in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed and b) use (and permit others to use) your content in any manner and for any purpose, including and without limitations: marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional purposes that Lake Tahoe or their affiliate agents deem appropriate.
By including and/or tagging @VisitLakeTahoe, #VisitLakeTahoe, and/or any other brand hashtags established by Visit Lake Tahoe in Content and/or captions shared on social media, you grant Lake Tahoe permission to include said content in website galleries viewable on visitlaketahoe.com. Should you want your content removed from the Visit Lake Tahoe website galleries, you will need to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we acknowledge receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for any action to take place.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your content. Visit Lake Tahoe is not required to host, display, or distribute any content on or through the websites and may remove content at any time or refuse content for any reason. Lake Tahoe is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse, or damage of any kind of your content.
By replying to Lake Tahoe’s CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) consent request with the hashtag #YesVisitLakeTahoe, you agree to these Terms and Conditions:
- You are at least 18 years of age; you have the legal right to enter into this agreement, and you are not impersonating anyone else.
- You own all rights in and to your content, including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video, and/or digital recording and performance contained in your content (if any); and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your content to enable you to grant the same rights to Lake Tahoe as described herein.
- Your content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other legal or moral rights of any third-party individual or entity.
- You agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your content at the discretion of Lake Tahoe and its affiliates.
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your content.
- Any information in your content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your content does not violate any law.
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any third party consideration for submitting your content.
- Your content does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, copyright protected materials, or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself.
- Your content does not reflect negatively in any way upon Lake Tahoe (including the states of California and Nevada) or their marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts.
You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Lake Tahoe and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees, and third-party providers from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities, and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall, or may have against Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority, and affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees, and third-party providers or their respecting successors without limitation resulting from the use of your content or anything contained therein by Lake Tahoe.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Lake Tahoe and its affiliate agents from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including a reasonable amount of attorney’s fees) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your breach of these Terms and Conditions. Lake Tahoe reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you agree to cooperate with Lake Tahoe’s defense of such claims.
Modifications to These Terms and Conditions
Lake Tahoe may, at its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will be posted on visitlaketahoe.com/legaldisclaimer along with the new effective date.
Should you want your content removed from the Lake Tahoe website(s), you will need to send a message to email@example.com. Once we acknowledge receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for any action to take place.
Linking, Crawling, and Archiving
If you would like to link to Lake Tahoe’s Website, you must comply with the following guidelines:
- You must not incorporate any content from this site into your site or social media channels by in-lining, framing, or creating other browser or border environments around the website content. You may only link to, not replicate, the website content of Lake Tahoe.
- You may not use any Lake Tahoe trademarks, logos, designs, or service marks in your links.
- You may not create the appearance of a relationship or affiliation with Lake Tahoe.
- Your site or social media channels do not contain offensive, distasteful, illegal, or inappropriate content.
If you would like to use a web crawler or other search tool to gather information from Lake Tahoe’s Website (s), you must comply with the provisions of the robots.txt file of the site and you may not circumvent CAPTCHA or other security measures.
While all attempts have been made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of all materials contained within this website, we recognize the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority/Visit Lake Tahoe expressly denies any guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of information published on the site and shall not be held responsible for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or reliability of such information. Users shall use information obtained through the Internet at their own risk and are encouraged to call individual businesses to verify prices, amenities, features, dates and all other details before traveling.
There are adventures and activities featured in this website that carry significant risk of personal injury or death. Lake Tahoe does not recommend that anyone participate in these activities unless he/she is fully aware of the risks and is willing to personally assume all responsibility associated with those risks.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the state of Nevada. Should any legal disputes connected with the content arise, resolution will take place per Nevada’s laws.