Admit it. You’re flashing back to school days, behaving like a kid anxiously waiting for the long-anticipated freedom that comes with summer – counting down the days until you can visit South Lake Tahoe. Whether you’re ready for the beach, boat, golf course or casino entertainment, Memorial Day weekend kicks off summer in a big way.
South Lake Tahoe summer events and activities:
- Admire classic cars at Lake Tahoe Summer Kick-Off Car and Bike Show at the Heavenly Village May 25-28. This event includes a car cruise around the lake, show-and-shines, poker runs, music, food, sidewalk sales and plenty of Americana memorabilia.
- Laugh your (anatomical option) off with comedian Bob Saget May 27. The 1980s-’90s family guy has been set free from television censors and will perform his risqué stage style live at MontBleu Theater.
- Get in the lake. Or on it. Or under it. Just get wet! Whether you’re looking to kayak, zip across the lake on a jet ski or a waterski boat, there are plenty of options. Boat launch and marinas can be found at Lakeside Marina, Zephyr Cove, El Dorado Beach, Ski Run, Tahoe Keys, Camp Richardson, Round Hill Pines and Cave Rock.
- Grab the clubs and hit the golf courses in Lake Tahoe.
- After a day full of outdoor fun, can you handle Tahoe’s nightlife?
Memorial Day is just the beginning. The summer line-up continues with the Valhalla Renaissance Faire, June 2-3 and June 9-10; Harveys Outdoor Concert Series, MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa’s inaugural Summer Concert Series, and the unforgettable Lights on the Lake Fourth of July extravaganza.
What’s the most memorable thing you did when you got out of school for summer?